Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life in Fast Lane

I was reading some of my first blogs the other day. I was laughing and feeling very fortunate to be able to relive those memories. I am so glad that my brother got me into blogging and that I put down all of those precious memories. I feel bad that I haven't kept up lately and I want to be better about it. I want to be able to look back in a year or two and see what was happening now.

Megan took her first steps on Wednesday, October 15th (DH's b-day) and Erica did so the next day. Megan is shuffling right along but Erica doesn't seem to care much about walking, she'd rather crawl.

Today I told Jack that he could "febreze" the living room and told him what the bottle looked like and where it was. When I came into the living room I smelled the overwhelming scent of lemon. Yup, he sprayed the whole living room with furniture polish. GROSS! I pointed out that the febreze bottle was blue and the furniture polish was yellow and he just shrugged and said something about wanting to spray the yellow one.

The other day he was crunching on a granola bar. He said, "Mom, this granola bar sounds like me!" I acknowledged how neat that was and reminded him to eat with his mouth closed. He said, "But then you can't hear the music!"

DH's car broke down and we just don't have the money to put into it so he switched his schedule and we will carpool in the morning now and then at night he will pick up the kids and I will ride the bus home. I'm hoping to save a lot of money in gas. This might just work out for the better after all.

On Friday after work DH and the kids came to pick me up from work and when I got in the car DH said that Jack was frustrated. Jack told me that he was frustrated that he had to keep finding pudding in the car (I had two packages of pudding mix-he found one of them in the morning and apparently found the other one in the afternoon). He was just "TIRED OF FINDING ALL THESE PUDDINGS!"

So this doesn't really flow but it's a little smattering of what's been going on around here. I'll write more later this week (hopefully).

1 comment:

HLiza said...

I just stopped checking on your blog for few months and look how big they are now! Jack is a BIG MAN! And the two cuties.. I bet they can help you in the kitchen now..LOL. It's nice to write down all these small pleasures in life..because later we'll always forget!