Tuesday, December 09, 2008

News-of a sort

Well here it is almost Christmas and I haven't posted in ages. We're having fun with the kids. Jack is being cute. Here are a few "Jackisms".

He dictated a letter to Santa to his babysitter, it went like this:
"Dear Santa,
Megan and Erica are here and would like some presents. My name is Jack and I am 4 years old. I would like a remote control car like Carly* and some Moon Sand. I would also like some lipstick for my mom and my dad needs some shampoo and arm stuff.
from, Jack"

*Carly is the name his friend gave her remote control car.

One day he found a permanent marker and DH took it from him telling him it wasn't for little boys because it was permanent. He also made an offhand comment that it was a stinky marker and could make someone high. Later that day Jack told me that "that marker makes you grow bigger and bigger".

Jack and DH cut up some summer sausage and cheese (ok Jack didn't cut it up but he helped put it in a baggie). DH had said that they were doing it to "surprise Mommy". So after DH went to the store Jack gestured for me to follow him and whispered, "Come on mama, it's a secret, 'Shhh'" Then when Daddy got home he told me that he had cut the stuff up and it was in the fridge and I told him Jack had already told me. Jack had that sheepish look because he spilled the beans.

Megan and Erica are as adorable as ever. They love baby dolls and will hug them and if you ask Erica for hers she will snatch it away. In fact Erica does that with a lot of stuff, like food. If she reaches her hand out like she's going to share her food and you go to take it, she will snatch it away and smile. I guess it's a game.

Megan boldly ignores us if she has something she's not supposed to have. If we ask her to give us the item she just walks the other way. Or she will come towards us and then turn the other direction and walk away. She likes to climb on Jack's little chair and when we tell her to sit down she will crouch down and look at us and grin and then pop back up. I remember Jack doing that at church during the Children's Moment.

We haven't seen any bugs since we treated the kids and the house. I'm hopeful that we got it the first time but I'm still a little paranoid about it.