Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's been far too long...

With the popularity of Facebook, I've let my blog suffer. I can't believe it but Blogger says it's been two years since I posted. I couldn't have read that correctly, could I?
A lot has happened in two years (no kidding!) Jack is now in second grade and the girls will be in kindergarten next year. Jack is doing taekwondo at the school that DH goes to. DH and I are both working at the same jobs.
We've started working with a local animal rescue group and fostering puppies/young dogs. We really enjoy it-although I think I enjoy it more than anyone else. Since December of last year we have had 20 dogs/puppies come through our house. We usually have them for short periods of time-like two-three weeks. We take them to adoption events to try to find them great homes.
Most recently we had a litter of 6 puppies. They were 9 weeks old when we got them and they all found homes within three weeks. It was fun but we had to bathe them daily and that's a lot of work. We also had to clean out three crates twice daily. Usually it's not that much work because the dogs are already crate trained.
 
In addition to fostering dogs, the family has been busy with back to school for Jack and all of the kids are getting ready to play soccer at the YMCA. The girls are excited because this is the first year that they are old enough to play any of the sports. It's going to be crazy busy for the next few months!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Perhaps if you posted more, you'd get more comments