Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Party

I am SOOOO glad that is over. Ugh! I am not a party girl. First off, I forgot all about ordering a cake and I finally did so the afternoon before the party. I also didn't think about providing drinks, let alone thinking to buy cups. People had to eat their cake with spoons because I forgot about forks and that was all that was available at church.

The party went pretty well though and the girls weren't too traumatized by the whole thing. Erica really went after the cake but Megan wasn't as interested. A couple of times Erica put her left hand in the cake and her right hand in her mouth... silly girl. Jack and his friend "helped" open the presents and I tried really hard to let all of the other kids help too but it was really hard.


We finally decided the girls were messy enough and we tried to wipe them down with wet paper towels, but I finally gave up and bathed them in the sink in the kitchenette and since I didn't have any towels, I dried them off with an apron that was in the drawer.


And did I mention that it was 95 degrees or hotter and there is no air-conditioning in the church? I was sweating bullets the entire time.


Here are some pictures. I hope you enjoy them. Oh and ignore the date stamp... I'm not sure why some of them have that date, they were taken on my M-I-L's camera.

1.) Megan

2.) Megan (lft) Erica (rt)

3.) Erica

4.) Blowing out the candles

5.) Just partying



2 comments:

Steve said...

Happy Birthday to the neices.

HLiza said...

Whoa they're so big so fast! Happy belated birthday to the cuties..now I bet you've forgotten about the hard days a year ago! Oh they are so so so cute...double sweetness I may say..